Client: Whangarei District Council
Project: Completed May 2016
Approximate Size: 30 meters x 20 meters – with parts going to 24 meters
Project Location: Cameron Street Mall, Whangarei CBD
Function: Shelter for Central Business & Retail Customers
1. Type and Grade of Fabric Used –
a. Serge Ferrari PVC – 782 Roof
b. Serge Ferrari FX 901.
2. Fabric Manufacturer – Serge Ferrari – France
3. Fabric Supplier -Serge Ferrari – France
1. Design: Fabric Structures
2. Engineering Wade Engineering – Australia
3. Fabrication: Vaughan Bownes, Fabric Structures / Palmer Canvas.
4. Project Manager Graham Griffin
5. Steelwork Culham Engineering Limited, Whangarei
6. Installation Culham for Steel and Fabric Structures for fabric
Scope of Work:
Detailed design, engineering, manufacture, supply and installation of Fabric Roof with specialized fabric Serge Ferrari FX901 to allow for the native tree in the Centre of the mall to be able to continue to strive under cover.
This is a barrel vault type structure being 30 meters long and stretching across the mall up to 24 meters wide and down to 20 meters.
The steel work constructed by Culham Engineering, local Whangarei Company, was designed by Fabric Structures in such a way that the steel structure supporting the canopy looked like native Nikau palms.
This structure is still a talking point in Whangarei for its durability, style and the natural growing of the native tree not being disrupted.